Convenient apartment located on one of the most beautiful streets in the East Village. Close to transport, Tompkins Square Park and all the great bars and restaurants that this residential Manhattan neighbourhood has to offer!
Thanks for checking out the place, I really hope it's what you're looking for to make the most of your Manhattan experience! Drop me a line if you have any questions about myself or the place and include a little info about you and your travels.
My place is a fantastic and bright 4th floor apartment (3 flights of stairs) on 9th St, which is widely regarded as one of best streets in the neighborhood. The street is quiet, leafy and safe and yet right in the heart of the vibrant and cool East Village only one block from the famous St Marks Pl. and all it has to offer. Tompkins Square Park is at the end of the block and the subway is only a 5 minute walk allowing you to experience the city as a real New Yorker would!
You'll have the place all to yourself and it's fully equipped for every season with a/c and heating.
The greenies among us might also like to know the place is powered by 100% WIND ENERGY and I try to make environmentally sound purchases wherever possible!
- Spacious, sunny room with a view onto the leafy street (almost no traffic)
- Queen sized bed (for the tall ones!) side tables and dresser.
- Large flat screen HD television with apple TV.
- Fast, reliable WiFi, accessible throughout the entire apartment.
- Lamps, plant, full length mirror, wall furnishings.
- A/C unit (in the warmer months only)
- Clock/iphone charger/music player
- Built in wardrobe with hanging space.
Second Bedroom/Living room:-
- Comfortable full sized bed.
- Built in wardrobe with hanging space and a dresser.
- Wall art and shelving
- Wall mounted flatscreen HD television with apple TV
- A/C unit.
- Window that lets in plenty of light.
Kitchen/Dining and Bathroom:-
- Fully equipped kitchen gas stove top, oven and refrigerator.
- All pots, pans, knives and cooking/eating utensils
- Bowls, glasses, mugs.
- Brita filter in the fridge (New York tap water is some of the best water anywhere!), french press coffee maker.
- Hand made breakfast bar table that seats up to 4 people.
- Coat rack and umbrella tin with spare umbrellas for those late afternoon thunderstorms.
- The bathroom is clean, has a shower and bath with great water pressure.
- Shampoo/conditioner and bodywash all provided if you didn't bring your own
Alphabet City/East Village:-
-My apartment is in a GREAT LOCATION for having a true NYC experience. The area strikes the perfect balance between a safe, quiet neighborhood and a vibrant, lively night spot; filled with affordable and cool restaurants, cafes, bars, shopping and most importantly, people-watching.
-This two bedroom apartment offers great value for those who prefer to live like a local. It is in the heart of the East Village moments from Tompkins Square Park. This is a diverse area that feels authentically New York without the hordes of tourists like midtown.
-The apartment is close to almost everywhere by public transport (see below) but is an easy walk to Soho, Nolita, Lower East Side, Gramercy, Union Square, Little Italy, Chinatown, The Bowery & Washington Square Park
- Leafy 9th Street itself is well known for it many fashion boutiques and directly across the street is Good Beer, a store that offers a range of over 500 beers many the product of the recent explosion of US micro brews.
-5 minute walk to the L train (on 14th St. & 1st Ave) that is a very useful train taking you to trendy Williamsburg, Brooklyn (1 stop) or connecting with all of the most important lines on Manhattan including 4,5,6,N,R,B,D,F,M,1,2,3,A,C & E
- 6 minute walk to the 6 train, taking you up or downtown
- The M8 Bus stop is a few doors down from the apartment and will ferry you directly over to the West Village.
- Bus services at the end of the block on Ave A will take you to chelsea or the Lower East Side and Buses and at the other end of the block on 1st Ave and 2nd Ave will take you directly North or South.
-Stones throw from 1001 amazing choices of restaurants, food and coffee
-Get some fresh air or play/watch sport at East River Park, a 5 minute walk away
-Laundromat and dry cleaning around the corner.
-Non-smoker (well not in the apartment anyway!)
-Clean, responsible and courteous
-Not looking to party in the apartment – why would you anyway with so many awesome bars close by!
-Rates on Calender valid for up to 2 people
-$15 for each additional person, maximum 4
-Tea, french press coffee and milk
- Information on my local favorite bars & restaurants.
- Information on NYC attractions.
- A security deposit of $200 will be taken by Airbnb which will be returned upon departure.
- I may also take note of your Passport/ID details
-Any other questions...feel free to ask.
There are only a few house rules:
1) The apartment is strictly NON-SMOKING. In fact I don't like fire of any kind in the place, such as candles or incense.
2) Please respect my neighbours and their privacy. This is a residential building with full time tenants so leave the parties in the bars and restaurants.
3) If you don't mind giving my plant a little water each day, i know he'd love you for it :)