We are fully-licensed farm stay here at Serenity Sheep Farm Stay.
Sleep in an antique sheepherder's wagon and enjoy the solitude of the farm.
Check out my other listings. https://www.airbnb.com/users/3124664/listings
This wagon is the Brusset. It came from Brusset, Montana. Yes, sheepherders actually used to LIVE in them! Some still do in certain areas. Sheepherders were and are shorter people. Keep in mind that the bed is a normal length, but there is no over-hang on either end. Our tallest guest was 6' 3".
Check out our other wagon available also! Just 20 minutes from Bozeman.
Sleep in an antique sheepherder's wagon with the beautiful mountains surrounding you and the stars above you. We are the Big Sky state! Our farm is just minutes from Bozeman and closer to the airport. Two wagons available, each sleeps 2. A sleeping bag (provided) on the floor is an option for 1 more. Coffee or tea is served in the morning.
We have a heat-on-demand shower house and a composting outhouse.
The wagon has a real bed with fresh linens and the bed made up fresh, just prior to your arrival.
Watch the sheep grazing in the pasture, listen to the many sounds of birds, deer and other wildlife that call this space home. On the farm we have chickens, pigs, goats, turkeys, honey bees, beef cows, a llama and a mini mule.
The perfect stop-over between Yellowstone and Glacier.
10 minutes from the airport and Belgrade or 20 minutes from Bozeman. Walking distance to the East Gallatin River. Bicyclist welcome!
Amazing, local food within 20 minutes in all directions.
Nightly fee includes Montana State Bed Tax, inspected and licensed annually on a State and local level.
We can provide a ride to the airport on most days for an additional fee. Just ask and it can be included in your stay.
Garden produce when available, farm-fresh eggs, gas grill, cooler with ice, heat-on-demand shower, towels, composting privy.
SPRINT customers.....Montana has virtually no Sprint service. Be prepared!
GPS will send you down a bumpy, gravel road, so please do read my directions or feel free to ask! We are a straight shot from the airport.
Interaction with guests
Your stay can be as private or interactive as you wish. You're welcome to do the morning chores with me.
Other things to note
Portlandia guests, I do discounts/trade for Ruby Ale!
1. ANY PET IN THE WAGONS IS $25 extra. We are animal lovers, but I have spent literally hours removing dog hair from the wagons. The clean-up after a rental with a dog is much more involved.
We have many free-range animals here on the farm as well as our own dogs and cats running around the property. We have tried the no dog rule and keep getting talked into allowing dogs with tent campers. Let it be known there is a $20 fee to pick up dog poop. Dogs MUST BE ON A LEASH AT ALL TIMES. Yes, this includes YOURS! We can't let our dogs run when yours is here, so please be respectful and DO NOT let yours run.
Please let us know if you are afraid of or have issues with our domestics and we will try to make arrangements to that effect.
2. No Smoking inside the cabin, wagon or any other outbuildings on the property. If you smoke outside, please crush and dispose of all cigarette butts in a safe manner. If there is any smoke odor or we have to clean up after you, there will be an additional fee.
3. Check-in is 6:00 PM and check-out is 12:00 noon. These times are flexible negotiable with the stated acknowledgement of your hosts.
4. There are no refunds for unused nights resulting from late arrivals or early departures, except under extraordinary circumstances which will be at the discretion of the owner.
5. There are no refunds due to mechanical failure, natural disasters, or weather.
6. Please abide by any additional ‘rules’ posted in the wagon.
7. Serenity Sheep Farm reserves the right to refuse service to anyone.
8. Violation of any federal or state laws, company policies or house rules are all grounds for immediate eviction without refund.
This host has 312 reviews for other properties.View other reviews
Farmer, animal lover, farmstay host. I enjoy turning my wool into things people love. I am a home body and I really enjoy being home so I love that the world comes to me! We have had guests from 23 countries. I have found that I thoroughly enjoy preparing for guests and hope they enjoy their time here on the farm.
We are in our 7th year as hosts, 5 with airbnb. Often copied, never duplicated!
Kindness matters. The world needs more of it. I have so many friends yet to meet and I love meeting our guests!