4 bedroom, fully air-conditioned home with lagoon pool.
The BEST location in Cairns
- 5 min drive to CBD, Reef cruise terminal, Cairns esplanade, Cairns night market, Cairns airport, Cairns central, Cairns Hospital
- 5 min walk to botanical garden, Tanks Arts theatre, rainforest walk
- 2min walk to the cafes, restaurants, gourmet butcher, grocers, bakery, newsagents
- 10 min walk to Tobruk pool and international tennis centre.
- 10 min drive to the beaches
- 20min drive to Palm Cove
Come stay, relax, and enjoy this gem of holiday home.
Situated in inner city Cairns, it is close to everything - restaurants, cafes, ferry terminal, city restaurants, esplanade, beaches, botanical garden, municipal pool, airport. It is the premier location in Cairns.
One of the rare, federation style historical home in Cairns, with beautiful original features carefully renovated to combine with modern comfort and style.
There are 4 bedrooms - 3 full sized bedrooms and one library/ sitting room/ bedroom.
Every room is fully airconditioned and has ceiling fans.
There are two bathrooms - one bath/ shower, separate toilet, and a master bedroom ensuite.
Beautiful lounge room with original black bean wooden flooring throughout, original local marble window sills, and a large open plan family kitchen with original slate flooring and Queenslander style glass doors opening onto the front and back deck, looking out into the tropical garden.
A fully safety fenced lagoon style pool surrounded by tropical plants.
Family friendly with children's cubby house, sand pit and swing in the tropical garden.
The property is surrounded by beautiful landscaped garden with plant variety from nearby Cairns botanical garden.
There are 2 secure parking areas on site, but lots of on street parking.
The best part is the location - set in one of the original streets in Cairns, full of other beautifully preserved Queenslander homes, surrounded by cafes and restaurants just 2 minutes walk from the cottage. Botanical gardens and the famous "Tanks" theatre and Edge Hill markets, twighlight cinema, are all 5 minutes walk from the cottage. There is a local village hub with many amenities such as a tapas restaurant, japanese and sushi restaurant, convenience store, local gourmet butcher, and several excellent take away restaurants.
There are several of parklands and playground 2 minutes walk away for families. The famous local rainforest walking track "red arrow" is 5 minutes walk away.
Cairns holiday cottage is in Edge Hill, the cafe district of Cairns, only 5 minutes drive away from the airport and 5 minute drive away from the city centre, the Great Barrier Reef ferry terminal. The Cairns municipal pool with 4 Olympic size pools and special children's pool, is 5 minutes away, as well as the Cairns international tennis centre located next to the pool.
Come and enjoy Cairns like a local, and never have to get into your car.
You will have the whole place to yourself.
This is a fully self contained accommodation and we will not be on site during your stay. Although we are nearby to be contacted for any issues.
Access will be via key box next to the front door, combination will be given to you in the welcome message.
Please leave your keys in the locked key box on departure
Interaction with guests
I can be contacted on (PHONE NUMBER HIDDEN) should you need assistance
Other things to note
Although there are public transport bus stops close by, the best way to explore Cairns and surround is to have a car. However if you are only staying in Cairns, everywhere is a short and cheap uber and taxi ride away.
- Check in time: 3pm
- Check out time: 10am – please let us know if you will be leaving early
- On leaving – lock up and leave key in key safe. Code 5823. Please also take out your rubbish, wash dishes and put away. Turn off all lights, aircondition and ensure the house is securely locked up.
- No smoking premises, especially inside
- No glass or breakable in pool area (plastic cups and dinner ware supplied)
- Supervise children or those who cannot swim in swimming pool at all times
- Noise must be kept to minimum after 10pm
- Please close all DOORS & WINDOWS when air-conditioner is switched on. SWITCH OFF when not inside the house.
- Please take out big council Wheelie Bin to street on Tuesday, and bring back on Wednesday.
Please take care of the property and return it as you found it. Any breakages, missing items, or excess cleaning will be charged.
This host has 18 reviews for other properties.View other reviews