My place is within walking distance of several bus stops. Also, within walking distance of several restaurants (fast food and sit-down) and Noble Cider (a local brewery). West Asheville (aka "Best Asheville") is a short 3.5 mile drive from the house and Dowtown Asheville is less than 5 miles away. Take your pick of local parks, Carrier Park is closest - about a 10 min drive - and is right on the French Broad River.
This listing is for the entire lower level of a three-story home. You will have complete privacy as access to the other floors is blocked off. Check in at any time and come and go as you please with the coded lock on the rear entrance. No full kitchen, but a mini fridge, microwave, and coffee maker are available. Enjoy a large outdoor patio, accessible from each room through sliding glass doors. Pull curtains closed for privacy or leave them open for an abundance of sunshine. We have a 42" HD TV in the living area with a DVD player, and Netflix access (with your own account). High-speed Internet with wifi connection is also provided. We have a whole house water filtration system and you have access to your own thermostat for the heat/AC. The space is cozy, warm and inviting. The mattress is plush and oh so cozy. You won't want to go home after this!
Guests have access to parking (limit 2 cars). The listing is the last house at the end of the drive. As you approach you will see an upper and a lower "pull-in" spot. Please park on the lower drive and follow the concrete walkway to the rear of the home.
Guests are free to check in any time as the entrance has a coded lock (code will be provided prior to arrival). The entryway opens to a mud room and guest will have full access to the entire bottom floor including, mud room/laundry room, bedroom, bathroom, hallway, extra large living room, and outdoor yard and patio.
Also includes AT&T Uverse cable, high speed internet, and Netflix - all available on a 42" HD TV.
Interaction with guests
I interact as often as preferred. Typically we are not home on the weekends, and stay pretty busy. So, we may not even be in town during your stay. We may say hello in passing as we walk our dogs and are coming/going to the house. However, if you are more social, we love to meet new people and make recommendations for things to do/places to go/restaurants etc.
- Pre-approval for pets is required (no cats due to allergies)
- There is a $30 pet fee, which is NOT included when you book. I will send a separate request for the pet fees after booking, which must be accepted prior to your arrival date.
- Pets must be on a leash when outdoors and any pet waste must be picked up and disposed of in the waste pail provided.
- PLEASE DO NOT LEAVE ANY GARBAGE BAGS ON THE FLOOR. Please let me know if the trash needs to be taken out during your stay and I am happy to do so. Additionally, there are outdoor trash cans located at the end of the driveway.
- Please do not move furniture, electronics, or any decor items. If anything needs to be moved, please put back in place prior to departure.
- Due to negative past experiences, we are no longer able to host children 0-12 years old. Children and adults ages 13+ are welcome.