We offer one bedroom, with a separate, private, bathroom, on the main floor of our recently remodeled home in SW Colorado Springs. This serene and beautiful house is a peaceful place to get away, overlooking a charming park, and only minutes from downtown.
We offer a private bedroom, with an extremely comfortable double bed, and private bathroom down the hall.
The bathroom has been completely renovated recently, and new hardwood floors installed throughout the upstairs kitchen/living area, plus new tile in the entryway.
You'll have access to the entire upper floor, including shared kitchen and living room, and the back deck, which overlooks Bear Creek Park and downtown Colorado Springs. You will also have access to free wifi. There is plenty of free, safe parking directly in front of the house on our quiet street.
* Right out our back door are extensive hiking and biking trails
* Less than a mile to well-maintained public tennis courts, vita course, and a public park with 2 playgrounds, basketball courts, and athletic fields
* 2.4 miles to The Broadmoor Hotel, and Bristol Brewing (brewers of Laughing Lab beer) at the newly opened Ivywild School restaurant and brewery
* 2.9 miles to the nearest grocery stores (Safeway & Natural Grocers), and Walmart
* 3 miles to a 24-Hour Fitness, Panera Bread, Chipotle, Noodles & Co. and Starbucks
* 3 miles to Cheyenne Canyon, Seven Falls, Red Rocks Park and Helen Hunt Falls
* Less than 10 minutes to downtown Colorado Springs, Old Colorado City & Cheyenne Mountain Zoo
* 15 minutes to Garden of the Gods, Manitou Springs and Pike's Peak Cog Railway and trailhead access
* 5 miles to Cheyenne State Park
* 25 minutes to the Air Force Academy and the entrance of the Pikes Peak highway and Santa's Workshop
* 22 minutes to Colorado Springs Airport
* 1 hour to Denver
* 2 1/2 hours to Breckenridge Ski Resort
Please see our online Airbnb Guidebook for an extensive list of our favorite restaurants, breweries, and other local resources.
A private bedroom, bathroom, and sitting room, with shared access to laundry, kitchen, wireless internet, common living room, back deck, gas grill, very safe on-street parking, and more. Bear Creek Park is literally right outside our backdoor, for easy access to hiking, biking, and horseback riding trails.
Interaction with guests
We are typically as involved as the guest would like us to be. We know you're traveling and you need your space and downtime so just let us know if you need anything. We can also provide lots of information regarding places to visit, hiking and cycling trails, restaurants, local breweries, etc.
You will find us welcoming hosts. We look forward to meeting new guests and sharing our home with you!
Please no pets. Calvin our cat lives with us and, while friendly to humans, he is not too fond of four-legged guests.
Quiet hours are between 10pm and 6am.
There is no smoking on the property, due to our location right next to the park. Check in is after 3:00 PM unless other arrangements are made. If you would, please let us know as you approach town so we will have a heads up on your arrival. Check out is 11am, but we're flexible with that, too :-)
Cancel up to 5 days before your trip and get a full refund. Cancel within 5 days of your trip and the first night is non-refundable, but 50% of the cost for the remaining nights will be refunded.
This host has 166 reviews for other properties.View other reviews
I am semi-retired after many, many years owning and running Compleat Games & Hobbies, a retail game and hobby store in Colorado Springs. I've recently returned to culinary school. Lorrie retired from working as an administrator for school district 11, and has opened her own local business, Who Gives a Scrap, a creative reuse center (you'll have to ask her what that means...). As we've hit our 50s, we've decided it's time to get out and see the world before our knees give out. We both love hiking, mountain biking, typical-tourist sight-seeing, cooking, and eating. Especially cooking and eating! We're currently on a break from traveling while Lorrie gets her business going. We spent 10 weeks in Southeast Asia last year, and the year before we took a two week backpacking trip through the Colorado Rockies along the Colorado Trail. We'd love to meet and hear about your adventures!