Authentic, affordable and adorable, Green Cottage is a cozy vintage cottage located in Palenville, Greene County, New York - the heart of the Northern Catskills. Relax, kick back and see why so many fall in love with these mountains.
Also, available as an additional guest house to the cottage, May through October, The Clover Nook: A Catskills Vintage Travel Trailer - look for our additional listing - ask for special combo pricing!
Green Cottage -- an authentic mountain cottage built in 1930 -- is tastefully decorated in a mid-century, rustic style. It is a step back in time to simple summers and cozy winters, yet offers the technology conveniences we can't do without it.
Cottage Amenities include:
- 1100 sq. ft.
- 1.6 semi-secluded acres
- Two bedrooms suites both w/ queen bed
- Central A/C
- Wood burning stove insert in living room
- Full bath with extra long tub in Suite 1
- Walk-in shower in Suite 2
- Large deck overlooking secluded backyard
- Covered entry and porch
- HiDef TV
- Cable with DVR
- Portable Record Player
- DVD player
- Washer & Dryer
- Well-appointed galley kitchen
- Barware & accessories for your adult beverage needs
- Propane grill
- All linens and towels provided
- NOTE: There is no dishwasher.
There is also a fantastic 120 sq. ft. studio with desk, daybed and wifi. Enjoy a little alone time while your partner practices the saxophone, meditates, or studies - whatever your pleasure.
- The Main Cottage
- The Backyard Studio
Interaction with guests
This is my weekend and retirement home, but I am only a phone call, text or email away 24/7.
Other things to note
- We are gay-friendly and welcome all Queer / LGBTQIA travelers with pride.
- All pricing is set on a daily basis by demand.
- Pets welcome with prior, specific authorization - an ADDITIONAL $65 flat fee will apply and I will modify your reservation to include it if you are bringing a pet. (See house rules.)
- The exterior is monitored by a security camera and a sign stating such is on our garage.
ARE YOU ALLERGIC TO CATS? - While we don't own a cat at present, we have and we do have guests who bring cats.
- Please be kind and respectful to the house we love.
- Pets welcome with PRIOR authorization - an ADDITIONAL $65 flat fee will apply and I will modify your reservation to include it if you are bringing a pet.
- Maximum occupancy of 4.
- No overnight guests not included on the rental agreement.
- No smoking inside or out.
- Vacation "curators" and third-party rentals are strictly forbidden.
- You acknowledge that the exterior is monitored by a security camera.
This host has 4 reviews for other properties.View other reviews
I am a nice person who works in New York City pushing pixels for a big law firm. My husband is a teacher of guitar, bass and keyboards. We hope you enjoy Green Cottage as much as we do.