This is a very cozy room close to the main metro station (Trindade), the famous shopping street, Santa Catarina, the traditional Bolhão market, trendy bars, nice restaurants and ATMs!
My name is Dorota and I love meeting people and hosting, so it would be a pleasure to welcome you in my apartment right in the center of Porto! :)
Getting here is very easy: the main metro station, Trindade, is less than five minutes away from the house and the building has an elevator just in case you don't feel like walking the stairs.
There are other three rooms in the flat (all of them doubles with one or two beds), each one with its own key. There are two bathrooms, both with a shower, for shared use. All the linen and towels are provided, so you don't have to worry about bringing anything.
PLEASE NOTE: This particular room has 1 double bed that is always there. An additional single bed can be requested before the arrival - if you are interested in this option, please let me know in your messege! :)
The kitchen has everything you need in order to fix your meal: a fridge, a stove, cooking plates and a kettle. Free tea and coffee are available and will help you start your day. From the kitchen you can also access a quiet balcony where you can relax after exploring the city.
In the neighboarhood you will find plenty of bakeries, coffee shops, and restaurants, and the famous Bolhao market, a real city landmark, is 5 minutes away, you also have 2 supermarkets at the same distance from the flat.
Due to the apartment's central location the famous monuments, museums and churches are easily reachable by foot, but there is also plenty of public transportation around. We are lucky to have a bus stop right in front of the door: the 502 bus will take you straight to the ocean (Matosinhos, where you can try amazing grilled fish), passing through some other famous spots, like Casa de Musica music hall and the Serralves contemporary art museum.
You can be 100% independent if you prefer, but it would be my pleasure to give you some tips and mark my favourite sights on your map. If you are into wine my friend is the manager of one of the Port wine cellers, so if you would like you can have a visit and a tasting at his place for free!
Hope to see you soon and that you will end up loving Porto as much as I do!
Shampoo, Showergel and Hairdryer
Tea, Coffee and some spices to cook
Free visit to the Port wine cellars
Good, local tips
Welcome! I am excited to meet you and would love for you to feel at home. Just a couple of simple rules to make everyone`s life easier! :)
1. Upon the arrival: when you book with airbnb you receive a confirmation email with the host's address, phone numbers and the directions how to get to the house. PLEASE read through it, print it out or copy the directions (the house number and the flat number). This avoids bothering my neighbours and a lot of last minute sms exchange. Thank you in advance! :)
2. Please make sure you leave the common areas of the house clean after you've used them (for example the kitchen stove). Other guests and I will appreaciate it! :) Also, try to take your trash out, and if you don`t, please recycle!
3. The use of the washing machine is not inclueded in the price, sorry!
4. Please, be responsible with the keys and closing the doors. Close the door to your room when you leave the flat and doublecheck if the door to the flat closes.
5. The most important thing - feel free to ask me whatever you need. Over the course of hosting I have given a lot of advice based on personal interests of the guests and have helped prepared trips and surprises. If you need me, please tell me! :)
This host has 968 reviews for other properties.View other reviews
I am an easy-going, friendly and communicative host who believes all my guests are amazing and deserve the best! My goal is to provide safe, convenient and personal accommodation. I like listening to people and to their stories, so I will gladly hear what you expect of your vacation and then convert it into a billion of useful tips!
Feel free to ask me anything you want to know about Porto and Portugal - I am in love with the city and will gladly share this love with you! Also, I worked for 2 years in the Port wine cellars, so if you have any doubts/ questions about Port wine or the Douro region, you have found the right person.
More things about me?
I have lived in Mexico and in the US, in Poland and in couple of different places of Portugal, including the island of Madeira. I have climbed Mt. Fuji in Japan to see the sunrise - a very Japanese thing to do! Also, I adore fruit, so don`t show me any or it is in danger ;).
Hope to see you soon!
...“Why do you go away? So that you can come back. So that you can see the place you came from with new eyes and extra colors. And the people there see you differently, too. Coming back to where you started is not the same as never leaving."
― Terry Pratchett, A Hat Full of Sky