This six bedroom shared house is in a quiet Jewish community just a 1.1mile walk to the Othello light rail station & a .8mile walk to Seward Park. It's a very peaceful area, and is convenient to the airport and also downtown Seattle, by light rail, car or Uber. Parking is available. Your private room is spacious, clean, and comfortable.
The host does not live on site and room keys are available by request.
Your room is up the stairs and it is the first bedroom on the right.
It is furnished with a queen bed. It also has small fan, personal floorboard heaters, work desk w/lamps and closet space with hangers.
The shared bathroom is located on the same hallway as the bedroom for which you have booked. It will be the first door on the left when walking from the living area. The towels are either stacked on shelving or in cabinets within the corresponding bathroom.
Please limit time to 15-20min to respect the other house guests. Remember to turn off any lights you may turn on.
Feel free to enjoy both levels in the home. Both kitchens, living and dining rooms, bathrooms, the backyard and upper deck. Basically you have access to the entire home as much as you would like. The deck off of the upper dining area is great to enjoy in nice weather, just be sure to lock the glass door when you come back inside. Our shared spaces are perfect for reading, or enjoying our fast internet and wifi, for both personal or business needs.
Interaction with guests
I am not permanently residing on the property. Once a day the housekeeper, Ricky, will be present. I am always reachable by messages or phone, and within a close distance should an emergency arise.
Other things to note
There is no air-conditioning in this home. Please be advised that it can be terribly hot in Seattle during the summer without AC.
If you are in need of a climate controlled accommodation, then you need to search elsewhere.
A room key is available by request for a $10 fee. It will be delivered to the room within a day.
Please respect the house rules; that you have agreed to when booking.
1. Check in is after 4 pm. Check out is before 11 am.
2. Early check in and late check out are not allowed. If you leave your stuff in the room or overstays for a 10-minute grace period, we will pack your stuff, put it in the living room and charge a $30 penalty to your security deposit.
3. Luggage may be stored in the living room for 4 hours before check in & 4 hours after check out time. Luggage must have ID tags, or use a label from the kitchen.
4. Please remove shoes upon entry.
5. Please inspect the property when you first check in to make sure there are no damages from previous guests that we missed when cleaning. Report them to us within the first couple of hours from when you check in. This way you don't get charged for things you didn't do.
6. Label your food with your name and check out date before putting it in the fridge or common areas.
7. Booking for other people is not allowed. Your reservation has to have your name on it.
8. Wash your dishes and clean up after yourself.
9. The laundry machine is only for the host to use. No exceptions.
10. No packages may be sent to the house. Packages have been lost before, and we cannot be responsible for items left outside.
11. After 10 pm, it's quiet time. Please keep your voices down and don't use the kitchen.
12. No food in the rooms.
13. Leave the room in the same condition you found it. No need to make the bed, but no excessive trash.
14. One towel per stay per guest, unless you are staying longer than a week. In that case, please message me for clean towels/linens.
15. No smoking or drugs of any kind allowed in the house. Smoking is only allowed 25 ft from the house.
16. Moderate alcohol use allowed only, and with respect for the other guests.
17. Visitors and extra guests beyond the number on the reservation are not allowed for the security of everybody in the house.
18. The beds are all marked. If you slept in the wrong bed, you will be charged a $40 fee. Sleeping in another bed will impact other guests who may come late and find their bed occupied.
Welcome, my name is Dario.
I was born in Sicily and I moved to Seattle eight years ago. I am an Italian teacher and the director of Boys Tribe Project, an after school program to help boys develop emotional intelligence, learn how to play rough without hurting each other, and be creative with imaginative play and storytelling.
I love to cook Italian homemade food, traveling, personal growth, psychology, jazz and blues, foreign movies, interior design, modern dance, storytelling, art, and culture in general. I love hosting people, I used to host couch surfers and I also was traveling for a few years. The thing I like the most is to hear and to share stories from people all over the world.