Steps away from hip and diverse Alberta Arts in Northeast Portland, this is a spacious, comfortable, and renovated one-bedroom basement apartment in an old historic Portland home. This apartment is ideal for a couple or solo-traveler who is interested in exploring all that Portland has to offer including its natural splendor, unique shops, restaurants, and bars.
The house is a 1911 Craftsmen on a quiet tree-lined street just two blocks from some of the best restaurants, shops, and bars in the Alberta Arts District. The apartment is a recently remodeled one-bedroom basement apartment with a modern bathroom, kitchenette with small kitchen appliances and compact refrigerator only (no oven), sunlight throughout, and plenty of room to make yourself comfortable.
Guests will have access to the backyard, driveway, garage, laundry room, and basement.
Interaction with guests
My wife and I live above on the main floor of the house with our two young dogs and two cats. We will be available to help you with anything you need throughout your stay. However, your space is completely private with its own separate entrance.
Other things to note
We have an active household that includes two young dogs and two old cats. The cats are indoor-only animals and you will not hear from them. The dogs are very friendly if a bit goofy and talkative. Please let us know if you have a strong fear of large breed dogs or an allergic reaction to any of the above. None of the pets have access to the downstairs nor stay in the apartment at any time between guests.
Also, this is an old home so it does not have central air conditioning. There is a large air conditioner setup in the apartment during the summer months only or when necessary due to hot weather.
License or registration number
Learn about this number
Please read all house rules thoughtfully. When making a reservation, you are agreeing to follow these rules throughout your stay:
1. Please be courteous to our neighbors by maintaining a sensible volume when entering and exiting the premises. Please avoid cutting through their yards or otherwise interacting with their property in any way.
2. Please be respectful to your hosts throughout your stay. This includes being quiet and thoughtful when exiting and inside the apartment, not slamming doors, or moving furnishings. No additional people are allowed to stay overnight nor visit downstairs at anytime. Lastly, no pizza or other food deliveries are allowed.
3. Hosts must be notified at the time of booking if you are interested in using the washer and dryer, otherwise, guests are not allowed to use it.
4. Please read the note in the kitchenette about how to use the kitchen appliances. The kitchenette is not perfect and a 100-plus-year-old home has its little quirks.
5. Please make use of the provided garbage and recycling bins inside the apartment. At the time of checkout, please put all recycling into the blue bin and all garbage into the dark green bin. Do not leave any discarded food or open food containers, including donut, pizza and other pastry boxes, in the apartment at any time during your stay to help prevent from attracting pests. If you are staying for more than a couple days or have large amounts of trash and recycling due to cooking, takeout food or shopping, it is to be discarded outside regularly.
5. Lastly, when you book, you are agreeing to check-in no earlier than 4:00 p.m. and to checkout no later than 11:00 a.m. per the times on our listing. These times apply to use of the driveway too (hosts live on a quiet block with free parking and no permit required so there is ample street parking available most of the time).