This quiet, gated condominium complex in the center of Playa del Carmen, consists of 30 units and a pool garden courtyard. Residents are mostly retirees from various countries. Enjoy restaurants, the beach and return home for a quiet night's sleep.
Hello. My name is Karl and I am a native of Toronto, Canada. Like many foreigners, I have been adopted to Mexico and now call this country home. I would like to share this beautiful and fascinating area with others, who are looking to travel on a budget.
This home is right on Avenida Constituyentes in beautiful downtown Playa del Carmen. There is a MEGA Supermarket, the famous 5th Avenue, a ton of small shops not to mention the Caribbean Sea and the Cozumel Ferry Port, all within a few blocks from where you will be staying; no taxis required. This condominium is right in the heart of downtown, where you can enjoy authentic Mexican restaurants, street vendors and a variety of night life here in Playa Del Carmen. Go for lunch, do some shopping and walk just a few blocks to the stunning turquoise water and white sandy beaches.
This apartment is 1 floor up from the ground in this complex and features 2 medium sized bedrooms, a full restroom with shower, a spacious open style living room and modern kitchen. The dining area seats 4 persons. The apartment is equipped with central air conditioning and ceiling fans in all rooms to keep the home comfortable. A quiet patio garden is very inviting for an afternoon dip in the pool, reading a book or enjoying an evening drink. Also included is cable TV, wifi, bed linens, bath towels, beach towels and a fully equipped modern kitchen with gas stove, pots, pans, cutlery and microwave. All the conveniences of home.
No Charge Services:
-Pick up and drop off from the bus terminal
-Local tour of the neighbourhood
-Cable TV and WIFI
-Free laundry service for reservations 1 week or longer
Except on rare occasions, I will personally meet and provide access to all guests.
1. Please turn off all electrical appliances when leaving the home.
2. Please take out the trash every day.
Interaction with guests
Except for rare occasions, I try to pick up all my guests from the local ADO Bus Terminal for each stay. I also provide an airport pickup service for only 1000 pesos or $50. It is important to me to bring guests to the condo, show them what they need to know and be available to answer questions or address concerns that they may have, in person. Then, I like to take my visitors for a quick tour of the neighbourhood to show them where the main points of interest are. Things such as the beach, Fifth Avenue, the Supermarket, Bank Machines and nearby Restaurants. This helps people feel more at home and secure. I will always remain available to help during your entire stay, from the odd question to unexpected changes in your travel plans. I want your stay to be as perfect as possible.
Other things to note
This complex offers on premises parking in both front and rear parking lots. Coco Bongo, one of Playa del Carmen's largest nightclub attractions, is just 2 blocks away. Along with many restaurants and shops, the beach is also within walking distance.
• HOUSE RULES:
No smoking inside the home. No pets. No parties or events. I must respect the fact that different guests may have allergies and/or conditions that may be affected by cigarette smoke/pets. Everyone in this complex enjoys a quiet and tranquil environment.
• CHECK-IN/CHECK-OUT TIMES - Check-in is after 4PM. You can make arrangements to drop off your suitcases earlier. Check-out is at 11:00AM. You can make arrangements to leave your suitcases until later.
• ELECTRICITY CONSUMPTION - Electricity is a precious resource. A consumption rate of 15kWh/day will be included with the rental price. Any consumption over this amount will be charged back to the client at a rate of 5 pesos/kWh. Air conditioning units left on while unit doors and windows are open or while the home is unoccupied, could result in loss of full security deposit.
• KEYS, LOCK OUTS and REMOTE CONTROLS - Three sets of keys will be provided. Lost keys will result in a $30 charge. An after hours lock out fee, to gain access to the home will result in a $50 charge. Lost remote controls will be charged $50.
• MINIMUM AGE - I cannot rent to vacationing students or singles under 25 years of age unless accompanied by an adult guardian or parent.
• TRANSPORTATION - Please ask about private airport transportation service, or other methods of arrival from Cancun to Playa del Carmen.
• MAXIMUM OCCUPANCY - No additional guests are allowed to stay in the unit overnight. No exceptions. Any visitor must be reported and approved in advance.
• BUILDING RULES - Guests agree to any and all building rules and violation of any building rules will be terms for contract termination and applicable administrative fines. The rules will be provided to all guests upon arrival in writing.
• THE POOL - The pool is a common area to be enjoyed by everyone. The administration of the condominium asks that all persons respect the following: Drinking glasses or glass bottles are forbidden in the pool area. Cans are fine. Also, please respect the quiet environment, especially quiet hours, as everyone else in this building is there to relax too.
• HOUSEKEEPING - The unit will provide initial bathroom amenities, paper towels, toilet paper and soap prior to arrival. Guests are responsible for additional household and personal supplies. Occupancy includes limited maid service (once per week). Ask for specific property maid service schedule. Excessively messy or dirty units may be subject to additional cleaning charges.
• SECURITY DEPOSITS - A security deposit is required for every rental. It may vary according to the property. The deposit will NOT be applied toward the rent; however, it is fully refundable under the following conditions:
a. No damage is done to the unit or its contents, beyond normal wear and tear.
b. No charges are incurred due to contraband, pets or collection of rents or
services rendered during the stay.
c. All keys are left on their key hooks and the unit is left locked.
d. All charges accrued during the stay are paid prior to departure, including excessive electrical consumption.
e. No linens are lost or damaged.
• LIABILITY & INTENT - NEITHER THE ADMINISTRATOR NOR THE OWNER OF THE PROPERTY SHALL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY ACCIDENTS OR INJURIES TO GUESTS BEFORE, DURING, OR AFTER OCCUPANCY. NEITHER THE ADMINISTRATOR NOR THE OWNER OF THE PROPERTY are RESPONSIBLE for theft, lost or stolen items, or items left after occupancy. Tenants agree to pay for any damage caused even if amount exceeds the security deposit amount.
• SUBSTITUTION - Guest acknowledges and understands that should the property become unavailable for a Guest’s occupancy due to the sale of the property, maintenance or repair, or other similar circumstances, the administrator may substitute the property with the best available comparable accommodations or elect to refund the guest without penalty. THE ADMINISTRATOR or their Agents may enter premises for the purpose of inspecting for damage, making maintenance calls, and/or for any emergency situation.
• HAZARDOUS MATERIALS AND CONDUCT- The Guest may not keep hazardous, poisonous, corrosive or flammable substances that could endanger the Property or neighbouring properties in any way. In the event of fire the Guest shall cover the damage and loss caused thereby to the Property Owner. The Guest undertakes that he will not allow illegal or immoral acts to take place at the Property, and that will not use it in a way that would constitute damage to neighbours or which could imply a bad reputation to the Owner.
• Only registered guests are allowed inside the property. Permission from the administrator is required for any non registered access.
• All children no matter their age is included in the maximum occupancy. No additional guests are allowed. Extra persons can result in the contract being cancelled and you will be asked to leave.
• No pets of any species are allowed inside or outside of the property.
• All properties are non smoking homes.
• All rentals are subject to Mexican laws and regulations.
• QUESTIONS, COMPLAINTS AND MAINTENANCE - The property administrators and their staff work hard to ensure that the common areas, condos and amenities are in place and in a good working order. The administrator will be available to answer your questions and supervise maintenance. In case of a problem you are to contact the same person you made the reservation with. This person will solve the problem or make repairs as soon as possible. However no refund or adjustment shall be made for unforeseen failures. It is the guests' obligation to notify the administrator immediately in case of any damage or problem.
• GROUPS and PARTIES WARNING - WE RENT TO FAMILIES AND RESPONSIBLE ADULTS ONLY - We do not rent to house parties and/or groups including but not limited to fraternity, high school graduation, spring break from high schools or colleges, or other non family groups. Any violation will result in termination of the rental agreement without refund.
• PLEASE NOTE - Property items (such as bedspreads, pillows, chairs, pots and pans, dishes, glasses, silverware, etc.) are NOT to be taken out of the property (to the beach or other properties ).
• MAINTENANCE and HOUSEKEEPING - If you discover that your unit has not been cleaned or has been damaged, please report it immediately and we will make all efforts to resolve the problem during your stay. There is no point in advising us about problems at check out or afterward. We cannot issue refunds for mechanical breakdowns or unit cleanliness.
• LOCKED CLOSETS - Some homes may have personal items locked in a closet for their convenience. These areas are not included in the rental. Please do NOT attempt to open these locked closets - they are for the HOMEOWNER'S USE ONLY. If you break into the closet, you will be charged for any repairs as well as missing/damaged items.
I am Canadian. I lived in Toronto my whole life, until I traveled to Acapulco in 2008. After that trip, I fell in love with my wife and with Mexico. In 2009, I moved to Acapulco, but I soon learned that there were more opportunities in Playa del Carmen. I left the Pacific Coast, to go to the Atlantic Coast.
By profession, I am an Robot Programmer and was working in the Automation Field when the economic collapse occurred in 2008. I decided that it was time to buy a Spanish Dictionary and make the big move...I haven't looked back since.
I'm the type of person that enjoys different experiences and cultures. I like to travel and meet new people and I really enjoy sharing beautiful spaces in this beach side city, with others from around the world. I want to make your stay as perfect as possible.
Please explore the rest of this advertisement and contact me with any questions or comments that you have. I hope to speak with you soon.