An elegant remodeled apartment – quite spacious compared with many studio apartments. It will comfortably accommodate 1 or 2 people. Walk to campus in 12 minutes. Many amenities within 10-15 minutes’ walk on Telegraph and College Avenues.
• This renovated studio apartment is on the second floor of a beautiful 1911 apartment building.
• Tastefully furnished and artistically decorated.
• Queen-size chest bed with storage drawers underneath.
• Large and well-equipped eat-in kitchen, with a dishwasher
• Desk/workspace in an alcove off the kitchen
• Modern tiled bathroom with step-in shower and dramatic art tile floor.
• Wi-fi & flat-screen TV are included
• Washers & dryers a short distance away through the back door
A bit of history: Eric Lindblom from Sweden came to the US in the late 1880s and was one of the “Three Lucky Swedes” who discovered gold in the Nome district of Alaska. He invested the proceeds in real estate (among other things), including the Claremont Hotel – and his former wife had this building built in 1911! See photo of the building as it was 100 years ago!
The studio is in the Elmwood residential district, 2 blocks from Telegraph Avenue, 1 block from College Avenue, very close to public transport. The location has a walk score of 94 which classifies it as a “Walker’s Paradise”! Leave your car behind! You can rent a car on an as-needed basis from Zipcar or City Car Share locations very close by.
It’s 5-10 minutes’ walk from numerous ethnic and specialty restaurants (Italian, Indian, Thai, Ethiopian, French, Japanese, burgers, pizza, Swiss-style fondue, Chinese, Korean barbecue, a Subway), coffee houses, bookstores, vintage clothing stores, music stores, and student hangouts. A large CVS pharmacy is 2 blocks away, and Whole Foods is 5 minutes by car or a 15 minute walk (6-1/2 blocks).
There are buses on College Avenue (1 block away) to downtown Berkeley, the 3 nearby BART stations (Bay Area Rapid Transit system), Oakland and San Francisco. The Claremont Hotel & Conference Center is just over a mile away (20 min walk). There is freeway access either at Telegraph Avenue & 55th Street (about 2 miles) or Ashby Avenue (about 3 miles) where you can drive to San Francisco, Oakland, Marin County & the Golden Gate Bridge, Napa Valley, and Lake Tahoe. Twenty minutes driving (outside rush hours!) will take you to San Francisco across the Bay Bridge. If you take BART from any of the 3 nearby stations, it’s about a 20 minute ride to SF.
•Our rates are all-inclusive. We pay the Berkeley business license tax, but it is not charged to you.
•Monthly discounts (for stays of 28 days or more)
•The accommodation charge includes cleaning and stocking with essential supplies before you move in. There is no separate cleaning fee.
The fine print (otherwise known as house rules):
• Minimum stay 14 days.
• Strictly no smoking anywhere in the apartment or elsewhere on the property! A Berkeley City ordinance prohibits smoking in apartments and common areas of multi-unit dwellings.
•No parties or loud noise. This is a generally quiet residential neighborhood, and we want to keep it that way. Quiet time is after 10 PM and before 7:30 AM.
•Sorry, no pets.
•Please remove your outdoor shoes and wear soft shoes or slippers inside the apartment. Since the apartment has wood floors, your downstairs neighbors will appreciate it.
•For residential purposes only (home office OK).
The fine print:
• Minimum stay 14 days. This is a City of Berkeley requirement.
• Our rates are all-inclusive. We pay the Berkeley business license tax and rent registration fees, but those are not charged to you.
• Check-in 3:00 pm or later; check-out by 11:00 a.m. Any changes to these times need to be arranged in advance.
• Please let us know your approximate arrival time. If you are likely to arrive after 10:00 pm, we will provide self check-in instructions.
• Absolutely NO smoking anywhere in the apartment, in the hallways or staircases, or the immediate surrounds of the property! A Berkeley City ordinance prohibits it in apartments and common areas of multi-unit dwellings.
•Please, no parties or loud noise – this is a quiet residential neighborhood, and we want to keep it that way.
• Sorry, no pets.
• Treat the apartment with care - as you would for your own home.
• The apartment has hardwood floors. Please remove your shoes, or wear soft shoes or slippers, when inside the apartment. The residents below will appreciate it.
This host has 291 reviews for other properties.View other reviews