Spacious 3 bedroom, 2 full bathroom home nestled in tall pines of Pine AZ. Includes WiFi, Directv, HBO, SundayTicket, Netflix, & gas BBQ. NO PETS! Cleaning fee amount depends on desired cleaning package chosen (see "other things") & make selection with host PRIOR to booking. Check-in can be early IF there isn't a same day check-out. Out times depend on cleaning package selected. Property has an alarm system and includes a security camera inside on top of kitchen wall pointed at the entrance.
This year round retreat is located about 90 minutes drive north of Phoenix in PINE, AZ. Elevation is 5,448 feet = 20º cooler year round. Pine is about 13 miles northeast of Payson and has all you might need in a home away from home but with all the serenity, tall pine, & starry night views the city is missing. Central heating and air conditioning, cathedral ceilings, electric LED fireplace (can be used with or without heat feature for year round enjoyment), covered dining area on deck, & BBQ grill. Fully stocked kitchen, laundry room with full size washer and dryer, ceiling fans in every room, Netflix, WiFi, Directv, clean linens, and towels. Picturesque views, quiet street, tall pines, wild life (deer, elk, squirrel, birds, etc.)
The kitchen has electric oven/stove, refrigerator, freezer, dishwasher, microwave, hand held mixer, mixing bowls, toaster, blender, crockpot, regular coffee pot, and an electric water kettle, pots, pans, cookie sheet, cake & pie pans, silverware, utensils, knives, 12 large dinner plates, 8 medium plates, 8 dessert size plates, 8 cereal bowls, 6 coffee mugs, 4 wine glasses, 8 pint glasses (had 9 but a past guest took my favorite & I obviously haven't gotten over it yet), & 4 tumblers. Coffee, tea, ketchup, mustard, & basic spices provided.
The upstairs bathroom adjoins to Master and main living space. It features a Jacuzzi tub (sadly only for one but man is it relaxing), a separate shower, towels, shampoo, conditioner, body wash, and soap. The upstairs master has a king size Tempurpedic Cloud Supreme mattress, night stand, some empty dresser drawers, and 3 closets with hangers. The living room has leather couch, love seat, and chairs that are being restored (hubs project). The upstairs dining area has table and seating for 6 plus folding card table & 4 chairs in laundry room.
Downstairs you will find a second full bathroom in between the two bedrooms with shower/tub combo, towels, shampoo, conditioner, body wash, and soap. The downstairs second bedroom has a queen bed, empty dressers, and closet with hangers. The third bedroom has 4 twins in L-shaped bunk beds, and large walkin closet with hangers.
Outside you'll find a round patio table with 4 chairs and a propane grill under the covered patio. The front of the wrap around deck has a cushioned couch swing and 3 aging Adirondack chairs. The front yard has horseshoe pits and an outdoor firepit.
P.S. If you're booking our cabin as a special romantic surprise get away and need a little extra something special like flowers, wine, champagne, etc. set up in advance please message the owner and we can help you out (at cost).
A temporary guest access door & alarm code will be texted to you the morning of your stay. PLEASE text owner if you haven't received it BEFORE you head to Pine! The interior of house, deck, and yard are fully accessible. The garage & locked cabinet in laundry room are off limits.
Interaction with guests
Owners are easily reached via text or voice calls. It takes us 90minutes to get to Pine so you won't see us unless it's an emergency. We do have friends and neighbors nearby who can help too. If you ever need to contact the owners our numbers are printed in the Cabin Manual or you can message through Airbnb anytime.
Other things to note
Stairs are required to get to main level and downstairs bedrooms.
3 cleaning packages to choose from:
DEFAULT Cleaning Package A: $75* covers laundry and beds only, YOU clean kitchen and bathrooms. Check out time is 11a.
Cleaning Package B: $150* includes ME cleaning whole house for you. Check out time is 10a.
Cleaning Package C: $0* means YOU will clean whole house. Check out time is 3p. Your $75 cleaning deposit will be refunded AFTER you leave your Airbnb trip review and AFTER cleaning crew verifies 100% clean: including all sheets and towels washed put away, all beds remade with clean linens found in closets, all mirrors, counters, toilets, floors, microwave, fridge, etc. are left CLEAN.
*=prices only available at booking. If kitchen/bath/floors/rooms left unclean after booking at package A or C an extra $100(A) or an extra $150(C) will be added and come out of your deposit.
There's a regular coffee pot and an electric water kettle. Coffee, tea, ketchup, mustard, & basic spices provided. Propane BBQ grill. Please make sure NO part of grill is ever touching railing or house at any time. I try to keep tank full but if it ever runs out the cost to fill to use is on you. The gas station across from the hardware store does refills. It cost me $9 to refill when it was completely empty and swaps are about $20+. No-one expects you to fill it 100%.
We don't provide air mattresses for extra guests. Only sleeps 8* (2 in Master King, 2 in Queen, & 4 in single twin bunk beds). *Now have an infant crib available too so technically sleeps 8 adults + 1 infant.
There aren't any alarm clocks in any of the bedrooms because you're on "Pine Time" (aka vacation).
There is NO trash service at Pine Time cabin. Please pack out whatever you hauled in. The Texaco gas station (toward Strawberry) has a $2/bag dumpster if you don't want to haul it home.
You may want to bring your own:
• food (there's always excess ketchup, mustard, & mayo in fridge)
• artificial sweetener if you use it (there is sugar and honey)
• paper towels if you use those (there are plenty of towels)
• paper napkins if you use those
• folding camp chairs for sitting around the fire-pit.
• pack-n-play (none here yet)
• toothpaste & toothbrush
• shaving razors
• graham crackers, marshmallows, and chocolate for campfire s'mores (check Tonto fire restrictions first!)
NOTE: Security "Deposit" is NOT charged upfront. It is only the maximum owner can charge if the home is left unclean or damage is found after your stay.
***Same day bookings MUST request owner approval prior to instant booking.***
1) Leave the cabin CLEAN & as you found it. If kitchen and bathrooms are not cleaned you will be charged $100 more. The current $75 fee ONLY covers the cost of washing linens, towels, and remaking all the beds so thoroughly clean up after yourselves. If you know that you don't plan on cleaning, let host know *before you book* to get a slight discount on extra cleaning fee. This is our HOME not a hotel. In order to keep the fees low you ARE required to leave it clean.
2) Respect the house as if it were your very best friend's.
3) Respect the neighbors and wildlife. Sound carries a lot farther here in the woods. That's my nice way of saying NO loud parties or music.
4) Remove shoes at the entrance whenever possible.
5) Garage & locked cabinet in laundry room are off limits.
6) Do NOT cut or put hot pans on counters or tables. There are cutting boards, trivets, and hot pads provided.
7) NO SMOKING INSIDE. If you smoke outside use extreme caution and take ALL evidence with you.
8) There is NO trash service so you will be required to take it ALL with you (including bathroom trash). Aluminum soda/beer cans can be dropped in recycling bins at Ponderosa Market and Pine Elementary school has a paper/cardboard recycling bin. There is a $2/bag pay dumpster at the Texaco in Pine.
9) Do not change TV wiring. Weird that we even need to say that but a past guest did. (?)
10) The trampoline, playground, & fire pit behind my home belong to my neighbor and they've asked me to inform all guests that it's "private property & off limits" even if they appear to be away!
If these rules aren't followed we will place a claim against your security deposit.
• Check-in time is 3PM*. CAN be earlier if arrangements are made PRIOR to your stay.
• Check-out time is 11AM* but can be later IF arrangements are made PRIOR to your stay.
*=NOTE - if you check in the same day someone is checking out your check in time may need to be later to give time to reset. If no-one is checking out the day you check in your check in time can likely be earlier IF you ask and receive approval.
• INSTANT BOOKING IS NOT ALLOWED FOR 7+ GUESTS. Any number of guests over the 7 MUST be pre-approved by owner PRIOR to booking and in certain circumstances the extra person fee may be waived.
• After booking and before your trip PLEASE take a moment to read the cabin manual. There you will find the answers to nearly ALL your questions.
• Please feel free to text or message owner with any questions or concerns.
I’m learning that SNOW STORMS in Pine are usually accompanied by POWER OUTAGES and ALL my space heaters there are ELECTRIC… Travel with caution and HEED THE WARNINGS.
Know the Difference:
Winter storms can range from a moderate snow over a few hours to a blizzard with blinding, wind driven snow that lasts for several days. Some winter storms are large enough to affect several states, while others affect only a single community. Many winter storms are accompanied by dangerously low temperatures and sometimes by strong winds, icing, sleet, & freezing rain.
Winter storm conditions are possible in the next 2 to 5 days.
Winter weather conditions are expected to cause significant inconveniences and may be hazardous. When caution is used, these situations should not be life threatening.
Winter storm conditions are possible within the next 36 to 48 hours. People in a watch area should review their winter storm plans and stay
informed about weather conditions.
Life-threatening, severe winter conditions have begun or will begin within 24 hours. People in a warning area should take precautions immediately.
Husband and I are both Phoenix, AZ transplants (him from MI~me from AK) but have both lived here for 20 years so we are officially acclimated. No, that doesn't mean I like 110º weather. It means I won't die in it. I still VERY much prefer our 9 months of awesome over our 3 months of YUCK which is why we recently bought our Pine, AZ cabin that is listed on Airbnb. The plan is for it to be our exclusive summer home, but as we all know LIFE (especially with 3 girls) gets in the way of "plans".