Thanks for your comments that I appreciate and take very seriously. However, please let me answer some of the points as I feel that some clarity is needed here:
1. Of course you enjoyed full privacy of the house as the second apartment was not occupied. Indeed, the second apartment is only occupied by myself and I make sure potential guests are informed before they book so that they can decide whether or not this is ok with them. In no circumstances guests will be cought by surprise!
2. Although the check-in was done by a non-english speaking person, I am always available on the phone, by message or mail to answer all questions the guests might have. In the welcome pack there is also the number of an english speaking contact person locally.
3. I am very surprised that essentials were not there but I will double check this point again.
4. I did send you the welcome pack well in advance and a copy of it is available in the apartment.
5. The cleaning service is included in the rental. I am only asking the guests to remove the garbage and "leave the house as you found it..." = "please respect the house". I will make sure this is reworded though to avoid any misunderstandings.
6. The cats might be there but never get in the house (they do not belong to us they are coming from outside and I have no control over them unfortunately). There is no obligation to feed them.
7. The bedrooms are clearly described in the post. The single bed in the second room opens and becomes a comfortable double bed when needed. Obviously as you were two people we did not open it. The same for the sofa beds in the living room - I believe this is clearly described in the post.
8. I am afraid I do not even understand your point about the super markets. There are 3 of them in the village and one just outside the village.
I hope this clarifies for potential guests and of course my team and myself will do our best to keep this as a full give star rental - as evaluated by the vast majority of the guests so far.