Cabin on 4 acres with RV electric hookup. Hiking trails from property to Mt. Zion State Park. 1 hour drive to Kirkwood, 3 miles from Volcano and 10 min from Jackson Rancheria. BBQ, sit by the campfire, gaze at the stars and watch the deer.
Close to downtown Historic Sutter Creek and the Shenandoah Valley, home to some of Amador County’s top wineries.
Almost 4 acres that backs to Mt. Zion park - literally. Walk the cabin trail from the front door to the Mt. Zion fire lookout trail behind the property. Enjoy the deer during the evening as they come through the property and graze. Don't miss breakfast at the Kneading Dough Bakery in historic Volcano 2 miles down the road.
Guests have access to the cabin, 4 acres of forest, picnic table, hammock, fire pit.
Interaction with guests
Feel free to call, text or email as you enjoy your vacation without interference from your hosts.
Other things to note
This is a rustic cabin. Here's some things you should know:
- The cabin is rustic but has some updates. There is only a full size laundry sink located in the bathroom; the kitchenette does not have one.
- The cabin is on a well and older septic system. Because the cabin sits on an old mine the water has high iron content and is not potable. The water is fine for showers or washing hands, but it does have an iron odor. The shower water is also a bit hard for some and may cause some dry skin. The water has caused some red staining to the shower, toilet and sink which may be mistaken for not being clean (but it is).
- Bugs. There are plenty of tools to keep the bugs away but remember this is a cabin and there are flying insects such as mosquitoes and moths
- Bees. In our effort to give back to our community and environment we have established several bee hives throughout the property. The bees keep to themselves staying busy producing sustainable honey for your visit and for us. Unless disturbed they won't disturb you. We ask that you enjoy the hives from a distance. If you have an allergy to bees, or suspect that you may have an allergic reaction to a sting, we ask that you give some consideration as to whether this cabin is the best place for your stay.
- Heat/AC: Like we said, this is a rustic cabin. There is no air conditioning for warm days. There is a portable heater and free standing fireplace.
- A Weber has grill is available for BBQ.
- 15 minutes from the Mokelumne River that has swimming and fishing access.
- There is pizza, Giant 88 Burger, Mexican food and a small grocery store within 3 miles.
- If you're lucky the neighborhood fox will come and say hello and you can hatch a glimpse from a distance.
- Volcano has a Gluten free breakfast/lunch spot that is amazing!
This is a non-smoking cabin. No candles or fires outside of designated fire pit. Cabin is on delicate septic system so please nothing other than toilet paper (light use). Cabin is also on well, and due to drought, we request that you be mindful of your water usage.
No reviews (yet)
This home doesn’t have any reviews. If you stay here, your review will appear here.