Stay in an authentic half timbered cottage in the woods of Karuizawa, Japan's most renowned retreat highland sanctuary. Walk, bicycle, stroll in the woods, visit gourmet restaurants nearby. This house is highly insulated with a centralized heating system, for your comfortable winter stay. Burning woods in the fireplace adds up an exquisite winter atmosphere.
Our wooden timbers are REAL, so the patterns you see from outside are real posts which stand the house. In many cases, 'so-called Tudor-style" houses are fake with laminated posts on the wall outside. In this house, you will live and feel the big timbers IN & OUT-side of this house.
1 bed room & large living dining on ground floor. (We have a hammock in the living room!)
2 bed rooms on 2nd floor. 1 Queen-sized bed, 2 single beds. 3 more Futons are available on request.
Interaction with guests
This house is located in the woods in about 4km from Karuizawa station. In Karuizawa, more of hideaway atmosphere you get as leave the area in the vicinity of Karuizawa station. Best is that you drive here but cab ride is about 5-7 minute for 4km, with a typical taxi fare of Y2000 from Karuizawa station.
If you don't drive, please finish shopping around the station before coming to the villa. Town's biggest supermarket, Tsuruya is in 10 minute walking but it will be difficult to reach if you don't know the way.
Host will not stay in the house but will happy to assist by phone/mail.
Other things to note
House temperature is central-controlled with supplementary heat radiators in second floor bedrooms.
This house is located in part of Karuizawa woods. It's about 3km from Prince Outlet & 4km from Kyu-Karuizawa ginza.
Calling taxi is preferred moving method if you don't come with a car.
- This house is located in quiet woods, where town designates for quiet recreation zone.. Accordingly, please refrain from making big noise, especially outside the house at night after 9:00pm.
- Please keep the room tidy when leaving the house. When you check-out, please put things back as they were when you checked-in. If you have used dishes, kindly wash them in the dishwasher.
- Please put trash into the bins in the kitchen.
- This is a non-smoking house. Please don't smoke inside the house.
- If you bring in a pet to the house, please mind he/she causes no mess/damage to the house.
- We will prepare you linens and towels. Also have basic cooking facilities, such as dishes, cups and glasses placed under kitchen counter. Please don't use what's in the cupboard next to the dining table. Kindly please get used dishes washed in the washing machine.
- Fireplace may be used upon request and only after a detailed explanation and approval from the host. If you are in need for firewood, 1-day use of 3 wood binds is available at Y1,500.
Please pay by leaving the money in the second right drawer of the big oak bookshelf in the living room.