Independent, lovely, spacious villa with 4 well-furnished private bedrooms for rent, with lots of space to play outdoor games, and an attached, big swimming pool. Common areas include living room, dining area, kitchen area, library and TV room. Villa accommodates 10 adults comfortably, including the sofa bed in the TV room. We now offer a daily, cleaning service, which is included in your booking cost.
Want to just relax in a typical Goan village? Then this is your place. Enjoy the peace and quiet, away from the rush and crush of a city. Yet, the beach is only 1.8 kms away and South Goa's main city, and the financial capital of Goa, Margao, is about 4.5 kms from the house.
Margao railway station is about 8 kms from the house, while the Airport is about 16 kms away.
You can go to the Colva beach (2.4 kms) or the "Gandaulim" beach (about 1.8 kms) from the house. Gandaulim beach is recommended for peace and quiet, while Colva for all the touristy attractions.
There are multiple restaurants on the way to Colva Beach road.
If you would like to cook at home, then there is a small grocery shop around the corner, a mid-sized one about 0.7 kms away and a full fledged one (Sho-Faz) about 1.5 kms away.
Do note that travel is expensive in Goa, unless you have your own car/2-wheeler, you will have to hire local transport.
Interaction with guests
We visit frequently, and generally we are there once every month for a few days. Feel free to ask us any questions about food, travel and places to visit whether we are in the house or away!
In any case, we are only a phone call away. Our friend and neighbour, who lives behind our house, takes care of our house - if you have any questions about directions and food, feel free to ask her, as well.
Other things to note
To reduce our carbon footprint, we have not fitted air-conditioners in our house. However, we have powerful pedestal fans in all the bedrooms, besides ceiling fans, and so you will not feel the heat even in the peak of summers!
Please feel free to use the kitchen - you can certainly cook for yourself. You will have full access to the fridge, microwave, electric hot plate, gas-operated hob and all cooking vessels and cutlery. Please clean up after yourself.
Electricity may go on and off during the evening - it is usually only for a few minutes at a time. You will find two torches in the hall. Pls ensure that you replace the torches back after use. There are also candles and match boxes in the Kitchen, besides a quaint oil burning lamp.
Please note that Goa does not have door-to-door garbage collection services - you have to put your garbage in trash bags (provided in the kitchen) and store in a single place. Please do not make multiple bags to reduce the use of plastic. Once a bag is full, you can tell the maid to clear the bag away, or you can dispose it yourself in a municipal garbage bin. Thank you for your kind co-operation.
Please treat this house with the respect and courtesy that you would your own - it is our house, after all.
1. NO SMOKING ABSOLUTELY anywhere within the house or the compound - guests in violation of this rule have to leave immediately - NO exceptions are made.
2. No loud music or loud partying after 10PM - the neighbours will complain to me.
3. No drinking in the compound or the pool area - if you are consuming alcohol on my property, please remain inside the house or in the balconies or the terrace.
4. No drunken behaviour at any time - guests in violation of this rule will have to leave.
5. Once your reservation is confirmed, we need photo ID proof of *all* guests staying at our place, who are included in your booking. You can email me scan copies of any one of the following documents: Passport, Aadhaar card, PAN Card or Driving Licence (smart card only).
6. Please do not leave the house dirty when you are checking out - we charge a very basic cleaning fee, but any guests who leave the house dirty will be charged extra.
7. We try our best to ensure that all facilities mentioned here are available at all times - but, this is a house, not a hotel and things do break. We try our best to get things fixed immediately once it is reported to us - but everything in Goa takes its own sweet time!
This host has 1 review for other properties.View other reviews