The Wayfaring Buckeye Hostel is a social place to stay. It is an international bed and breakfast in Columbus, Ohio. We have five rooms (three shared dorms and two private rooms).
-Linens: towel, sheets, and bedding (we do not allow guest to bring their own bedding)
-Computer and printer access
-Free bicycles to borrow
-Two comfortable shared common rooms
-24hr coffee or tea (self-serve)
-6-person outdoor hot tub
-Kitchen access (to cook or store your own groceries)
-Free use of the laundry machines (we have detergent for sale)
-Reading lights over each bed
-Borrowable DVD collection
-Limited off street parking
-PLUS MUCH MORE!!!
We have had guests from all over the world. We know you will meet people, make friends, and maybe even partake in one of our many bar crawls or social events while staying with us.
Other things to note
For a flat $20 we can have someone pick you up from the airport or bus station. After your reservation is confirmed, we shall provide the contact information so that you may schedule the shuttle service (must be scheduled in advance).
- Do not steal from other guests or the hostel. All linens (including your towel) must be left on the bed you were assigned to when you check out; otherwise your credit card on file will be charged a replacement fee.
- Check out is at 12:00 noon on the day you are leaving. You may store your belongings in the lockers or on the floor near the lockers if you will be catching a later bus or flight, but your room must be cleared out by noon so that it can be cleaned for the next guest. You do not need to see the hostel staff to check out, just clean the area around your bed and securely close the door behind you.
- Avoid being excessively loud or boisterous, especially when other people are trying to sleep or when you are outside where you might disturb the neighbors. Do not verbally or physically assault others.
- Be sure to clean up after yourself and maintain good personal hygiene. Keep in mind that you are sharing space with other people. This is not a hotel so you are expected to clean both in your room and in the common areas. Guests are not permitted to use any of their own linens, we have extra blankets available.
- Please keep all food items in the kitchen fridge or cabinets (and not in your room). Label all items in the kitchen with the markers provided in the drawer closest to the back door.
- Make sure to wipe down all kitchen surfaces with cleaner (under the kitchen sink) and a paper towel after each use and clean all dishes immediately after use. By ensuring you do not leave crumbs or food behind, you are helping us prevent pests.
- Please go to the front porch to smoke cigarettes as smoking is not permitted in the house.
- The back door must remain locked at all times and the front door must be securely closed at all times. Please keep your keycard on you to prevent being locked out. For example, it is not acceptable to leave the door ajar to step out for a cigarette.
- Please do not adjust the main thermostat in the common room. The Air Conditioning is set at 74 and the heat is set at 68. If you room is hot or cold please make sure that your vent is fully open, not blocked, and we recommend always running the ceiling fan on low to circulate the air.
- To the best of your abilities, please adhere to the other small signs that we have posted around the house.
Guests who violate these rules may be asked to leave the house at the discretion of the hostel staff. In almost all situations we will try to correct the problem by reminding the offending guest about our rules.
- Most Importantly HAVE FUN and make yourself at home! Make an effort to meet some of the other guests. After all, that is one of the most rewarding parts about staying in a hostel.
This host has 365 reviews for other properties.View other reviews
I'm an outgoing type who values the experience of travel. Airbnb helps me to afford to travel more. I love meeting new people. I actually grew up in a Bed & Breakfast so hosting seems to come very naturally to me.
About the home
When you stay in an Airbnb, you’re staying in someone’s home.