Town and country – best of both worlds. Romantic! Semi-secluded, 5 minutes from town, near Blue Ridge Parkway. Close mountain views from the wrap-around deck. Hot tub for 6. Fire pit in quarter-acre yard, chiminea on deck, gas log fireplace inside. Yard completely fenced & gated with playground. Cable TV, high-speed wireless internet. 1- and 2-night stays are available only if they are hemmed in by other bookings. Please email request for information about shorter stays. Dogs may be acceptable.
Red Gate Cottage is a 1,100 s.f. log and stone cabin with 3 bedrooms – queen bed in master and double bed in second bedroom. Third bedroom flexible – either two extra-long twin beds or one king bed. 2 bathrooms – en suite master bath has deep soaking tub with candle sconces. Vintage cabin faced with stone and cedar on the outside and exposed original log walls on inside. Cathedral ceilings throughout are faced with pine planks. Three fireplaces: big river stone fireplace has a gas log, there's a chiminea on the deck and a fire pit in the yard. A great venue for romantic couples, friends, or family groups to celebrate holidays and special occasions.
Guests enjoy the private use of Red Gate Cottage and the quarter-acre fenced and gated yard with hot tub and playground. There is parking for 3 cars or SUV's on the concrete driveway. The house is located on a short county road with unlimited parking alongside the road. The electronic door handle has an entry code.
Interaction with guests
I live not far away in downtown Asheville. I'm available to help guests with any of their needs or questions. Contact me for special rates. Winter pricing specials now in effect.
Other things to note
Red Gate Cottage is available and accessible year round. It has central heat & air conditioning and is well insulated. The driveway is kept cleared in the unlikely event of snow. Snow Melt and snow shovels are on hand, as well as kitty litter for tire traction if you need it. Prices are lower in winter - contact host for special pricing.
1. CHECK-IN AFTER 4 P.M.; CHECK-OUT BY 10 A.M. I can usually be flexible about these times if you coordinate with me in advance.
2. NON SMOKING unit. (Smoking permitted outside, ash trays are provided.)
3. FIREPLACES, TIKI LAMPS – Please turn off gas fireplace when leaving room, and don't leave outdoor fireplaces unattended after making a fire. Extinguish Tiki lamps when you leave deck. Because of fire hazard, USE ONLY FIRE LOGS in the chiminea. Fire pit - use anything - fire logs, real wood logs or scrap wood.
4. DOGS – No dogs allowed without specific permission. Please ask about pet requirements and restrictions.
5. Please treat the cottage as if it were your own home. Checkout procedures (very minimal) posted inside the cottage.
I traveled all over the world and now have put down roots in North Carolina. My stone and cedar cabin looks much like an Italian Alpine cottage, so impressions of Northern Italy found their way into the landscaping. Most of all, the house is what it always want to be – a faithfully restored cabin with all the modern luxuries. It's a peaceful mountain retreat minutes from the excitement of downtown Asheville, and also near the Blue Ridge Parkway with spectacular hiking, biking, and scenic driving. I love making Red Gate Cottage a special home away from home for my guests. I live just a few minutes away and I'm service oriented, so I enjoy making sure my guests lack for nothing.