My romantic house is warm,comfortable & beautiful, filled with antiques& local art,stocked kitchen, in quite tranquil setting,has a large privacy fenced yard with majestic Oaks, wood burning fireplace in the family room, front porch with swing and outdoor dining area on patio.
A taste of Real Asheville! This Arts and Crafts cottage is located in possibly the most popular area of Asheville, Montford. One of the most beautiful and largest historic districts in the state of North Carolina, filled with beautiful landscaping and structures, many of which were built between 1890 and 1925, reflecting Victorian, Tudor, Colonial Revival, Arts and Craft and Georgian architectural styles.
My home is 2000sq ft and provides lots of privacy. Decorated with many beautiful antiques and works of local artist, has hardwood floors and rugs and is filled with lots of beautiful natural light. The large den is very comfortable; with a comfy leather sofa, recliners and rocking chairs all surrounding the wood burning fireplace and 46' smart T.V. including Netflix. The bookcase is loaded with interesting reads of all types, including local history and a few board games. There is Wi-Fi , extended cable TV and a speaker system to connect your music to.
It has two extra large bedrooms (with king beds), one normal size bedroom with queen bed and a semi private room with a queen size sleeper. The bedrooms all have a TV and comfortable bedding. There is a beautiful large bath with a six foot claw foot tub and shower, wonderful towels and its own private balcony to sit in the sun after your luxurious soak. There is a half bath on the first floor.
The fully stocked kitchen makes it very convenient for you to prepare meals and the dining room can seat up to 6-8 people. The dining room also has an antique pump organ for those musically inclined to enjoy.
Almost an acre of fenced yard provides fun for you and your pets. Relax spending time swinging on front porch swing, dining on front stone patio or enjoying the private backyard stone patio with gas grill, fire pit with seating, raised beds with fresh herbs and flowers in the summer. The yard is surrounded by large majestic oaks that provide shade and beautiful fall colors.
Off street private parking for up to 4 cars is provided close to the house. It is located within the 6 foot privacy fence, you can close the gates for complete privacy.
The house is located literally minutes from Downtown (walk-able), Moog Fest and The US Cellular Center. Also within a few minutes’ drive are The Biltmore Estate, The Grove Park Inn, River Arts District, great hiking from the Blue Ridge Parkway, rafting on the French Broad River and several beautiful golf courses. The Western region visitors’ center, located less than a mile from the house is packed with information about Asheville and Western N.C. attractions and activities. The Center hosts a wonderful local farmers market in the summer. The neighborhood also is home to several fantastic restaurants, Nine Mile Caribbean, Todds Tasties Café for a delicious breakfast or lunch and Chiesa Italian. The Montford Park Players put on performances of Shakespeare's works each summer in our outdoor theater within a walk of the house.
I have lived in Asheville 20+ years and know the area very well. I would love to help in any way to make your stay as enjoyable as possible. I look forward to hosting you soon!
All of property
Interaction with guests
I try to ensure complete privacy for my guest, but am available if desired.
Here are your directions….
Asheville Historic Oak Cottage Homestay 196 Tacoma Circle, Asheville 28801
Check in is from 4:00 pm Check out is by 11:00 am
Your code to the lock box is 7072, lock box is located on post of back porch.
(URL HIDDEN) *****QUIET AFTER 10 pm*****
• From I 240 , take exit 4C ( Montford Ave) • Go approx .07 miles , Turn LEFT onto Watauga Ave • At stop sign, turn LEFT onto Pearson Drive • Go 100 FEET, take RIGHT onto Tacoma St
***GPS will take you to the front of the house, follow below to go to the back and parking area***
• Once you turn onto Tacoma St., you will come down about ¼ of a mile and the road will slightly curve to the right, to your left you will see “do not enter signs”, this is where the street becomes one way, Tacoma Circle.
Drive about 50 feet and you will see SLALI Alley to your LEFT, turn up this alley. Go about 50-60 feet and you will see a privacy fence and gate on your left that has 196 on it. Beyond the garage you will see a sign attached to wood fence, 196 Parking, and arrow pointing to the left, this is where you enter thru gate to graveled parking area. Park in graveled area ONLY, or 1 car can park beside back gate( with 196 on it) entrance , NOT IN FRONT NEIGHBORS GARAGE DOOR or ON THE STREET IN FRONT OR BEHIND HOUSE. •
• In addition to linens and towels, I provide 1 starter roll paper towels and TP for each bathroom, dishwasher and HAND soap
• PLEASE BE VERY CONSCIOUS OF NOISE LEVELS, NO ACTIVITY AT FIRE PIT AFTER ELEVEN ( 11:00pm).
THE HOUSE IS LOCATED IN A VERY PEACEFUL AND QUITE AREA, I ASK YOU TO PLEASE RESPECT THE NEIGHBORS AND THE HOUSE AS IF IT WERE YOUR OWN. COMPLIANCE WITH THIS ALLOWS ME TO CONTINUE TO OFFER MY HOME AS A VACATION RENTAL, SO I REALLY APPRECIATE YOUR HELP !
• There are condiments & spices in the fridge and cabinets, feel free to use anything you want. • There is a DVD player attached to the TV in the den, there are some DVD’s on the bookcase. • The Hisense remote turns on the TV and controls the volume. If you are not getting a signal , make sure TV is set on HDMI 1 by pushing input button at top right of remote , then scroll down and select ENTER. This remote also controls NETFLEX option and other available games. • To watch a DVD : DVD player is on mantel under cable box , turn power on with Sony remote , then use the Hisense remote , push “ input button” , scroll to “ AV” and hit ENTER button . Use Sony remote to control movie. • The silver Charter remote controls the cable box, use system on/off button is on top left to turn ON. Guide button shows you all channels, Page up is on left, Page down is on right; these show you all channels a page at a time.
• Towels and washcloths are located in each bedroom.
• For wireless internet: connect to: Asheville Historic Cottage, Password is : oakcottage
• IF USING FIREPLACE, OPEN DAMPER FIRST. CLOSE DAMPER WHEN FIRE COMPLETELY FINISHED AND NOT SMOKING
1. Please strip beds of sheets only and leave them in the kitchen floor.
2. Please leave all dirty towels in pile on kitchen floor.
3. Please empty trash and recyclables in cans outside of the back gate, up to the left against fence, just past my garage,
4. Please empty any leftover food from the refrigerator and load all dirty dishes into dishwasher, start before leaving.
Please turn heat down to 55, make sure fireplace damper is closed and leave keys in the lock box.
Have a safe trip home! We hope you have enjoyed your stay at “Asheville’s Historic Oak Cottage “, if so please feel free to tell your friends about us and please review us on line. For any problems, First call Terri @ (PHONE NUMBER HIDDEN) , Micheline @ (PHONE NUMBER HIDDEN) or Judy@ (PHONE NUMBER HIDDEN)
1. Smoking is NOT allowed inside, smoking is allowed outside only and please pick up butts.
2. People other than those in the Guest party set forth above may not stay overnight in the property. Any other person in the property is the sole responsibility of Guest and may be removed by owner.
3. This unit is privately owned; the owners are not responsible for any accidents, injuries or illness that occurs while on the premises or its facilities. The Homeowners are not responsible for the loss of personal belongings or valuables of the guest. By accepting this reservation, it is agreed that all guests are expressly assuming the risk of any harm arising from their use of the premises or others whom they invite to use the premise.
4. Keep the property and all furnishings in good order
5. Only use appliances for their intended uses
6. PETS are permitted only with prior approval and the Pet Addendum must be completed.
7. Parking: PARKING – Parking is limited to 3 vehicle(s). Vehicles are to be parked in designated parking areas only, (on gravel parking pad beside garage or directly beside back gate entrance). Parking on the road is not permitted. Any illegally parked cars are subject to towing; applicable fines/towing fees are the sole responsibility of the vehicle owner.
8. Housekeeping: There is no daily housekeeping service. While linens and bath towels are included in the unit, daily maid service is not included in the rental rate. We suggest you bring extra towels. We do not permit towels or linens to be taken from the units.
9. Hot Tub: N/A
10. Fireplace: The fireplace is WOOD BURNING. You MUST OPEN DAM1PER before use and please close upon checking out. Any damage caused due to failure to open damper is completely your (Guest) responsibility. There will be NO wood provided. Please do not throw any paper or other combustible materials in the fireplace.