A huge room in a colonial house in the center of Quetzaltenango. The room is furnished with a comfortable double bed and cosy duvets and shares a new bathroom. *we offer discount weekly/monthly prices
The house is a traditional colonial style house set around an open flower filled courtyard, that is why we named the different rooms after flowers (like Cala, which is a white lily) The rooms are wooden or tile floored and share a kitchen and a small tiled bathroom which you access by crossing the patio. This is not a hostel, we just have a couple of rooms that we rent (you can see our other listings for details and reviews). Please contact us for special offers on the weekly and monthly rate (the calendar will not calculate always it correctly).
Guests have the use of the fully equipped kitchen and a shared bathroom across the courtyard. Guests have their own key and can come and go and they please.
Interaction with guests
We live in the building in a separate apartment, and we have a resident caretaker looking after the space and our guests. We can leave you to your own devices should you wish, or we are here to help with Spanish study, travel arrangements, tips for cafes and restaurants or anything else you need.
Other things to note
- We have been informed the airbnb map is wrong and shows the house in a different area. It really is in zone 1, a few blocks from central park.
- We offer further discounts for guests studying at our nearby Spanish language school (please contact us for details)
- Shared kitchen (gas stove and oven, fridge, microwave, toaster, coffee machine, free drinking water, tea and coffee)
- Shared tiled bathroom with electric shower. You have to cross the patio to access it (we also have a newly installed water deposit and pump on site).
- Towels provided
- Guests get keys to their room and the front door (come and go as you please)
- WIFI 24 hours
- Dog (husky) and cat hang out in the courtyard
- We encourage all guests to turn off lights when not using them, and to be conservative with their use of water. We use a ceramic water filter for drinking water so we don´t use plastic bottles, and energy saving lightbulbs throughout the house. We recycle cans and paper through a local recycling initiative and encourage our guests to correctly dispose of all their recyclable rubbish in the bags provided.
This is a pretty tranquil place, not a party house but guests are more than welcome to have friends over for food (if they let other guests know) but no late night roudy guests.
No smoking is allowed in the rooms, but you can in the big courtyard
Pets are allowed (but please let us know).
No drugs on the premises.
For the consideration of others, everyone is responsible for washing up any pans/plates/cups used in the kitchen.
If you need anything, new sheets/towels, extra blankets, etc, please just let us know.
This host has 86 reviews for other properties.View other reviews
I'm Jocelyn, I've lived in Guatemala since 2006 and am a NGO manager and language school director. My husband Fernando is from Xela, Guatemala and we have a cat, Maurice and husky called Mishka. We love to travel (when we get the chance!) and we also love to share our passion for travel and local knowledge with guests to this beautiful country.