Valley Creek, a warm Victorian farmhouse, offers rural vistas with easy access to some of our nation’s most important historic sites and cultural institutions as well as charming small towns with great restaurants, gallery walks, and festivals.
Nestled on a quiet country road in the heart of Andrew Wyeth’s beloved Brandywine Valley, this Victorian farmhouse offers rural vistas with easy access to some of our nation’s most important historic sites, cultural institutions, equine events as well as charming small towns with great restaurants, gallery walks, boutiques and festivals. Recreation abounds. Nearby ChesLen Preserve offers ample trails through meadows, fields and woods. The Laurels, a Brandywine Conservancy preserve has two covered bridges. Cycling, canoeing and kayaking on the Brandywine Creek are popular pastimes. Chadd’s Ford, Kennett Square, West Chester and Wilmington Delaware are less than 30 minutes away. And an hour’s drive puts you in Center City Philadelphia. You’ll find that Valley Creek Farmhouse is a great place from which to explore and experience all that the Brandywine Valley has to offer.
Valley Creek Farmhouse is situated on 1.5 beautifully landscaped acres and features a fieldstone patio perfect for relaxing and enjoying al fresco dining. Downstairs, there is a large eat-in kitchen with seating for ten, a library, and a living room as well as laundry and powder rooms. Upstairs there are 3 bedrooms (2 with queen beds, one with a double bed) and 2 baths, one with spa tub and steam shower. The large, open and carpeted third floor offers loft style sleeping with a double bed and two twins as well as a half-bath. The house is tastefully and comfortably furnished, with a mix of antiques and contemporary pieces and original art.
Longwood Gardens, one of the world’s great botanical gardens, is 10 minutes away. It boasts more than 1,000 acres and offers enchanting landscapes and performances for every season. Nearby Winterthur is the premier museum of American decorative arts. Its 60-acre naturalistic garden is among the country’s best. And the Brandywine River Museum, Delaware Children’s Museum, the Brandywine Battlefield, Hagley Museum and the Nemours Mansion are all less than 20 minutes. Nearby shopping opportunities abound, from world class antique shopping, to Pottery Barn to Target. Popular outstanding restaurants include Sovana Bistro, Tallulah’s Table, The Whip, Four Dogs, and Michoacana for amazing fish tacos.
Valley Creek Farmhouse is a welcoming destination for your family and friends to gather.
- Check-in time on your arrival date is 3 pm EST. Check-out time on your departure date is 11 am EST.
- Pets are not allowed.
- Smoking is not allowed in the house, on any deck, patio or porch or on the grounds.
- People other than those in the Guest party set forth above may not stay overnight in the property. Any other person entering the property is the sole responsibility of the guest.
- All of the property and furnishings are to be kept in good order. You, as the renter, are responsible for any damage to the home, furnishings or grounds, including excess wear and tear. The home will be inspected immediately upon your departure and you will be notified of damages within 48 hours after your departure.
- No furnishings of any kind are to be moved or rearranged.
- No parties, receptions or events are to be held on the premises during your stay.
- Park only in designated areas, not on the grass.
- No open fires or fireworks anywhere on the property. No firearms are to be brought onto or used the property.
- Be mindful of the use of heat or A/C systems and do not leave doors or windows open while running either system. You will be billed for excessive utilities.