This is a 4 bedroom (5 bed)/2 full bath renovated Arts & Crafts home in downtown Ithaca. It's within walking distance of Cornell University, waterfalls, gorges, playgrounds, coffee shops, restaurants, and the Commons. It is only a short drive to Ithaca College.
Stay in our 1920's Arts and Crafts style renovated home located in Downtown Ithaca. Eat out on our screened in back porch looking toward the large backyard with beautiful gardens. We have private off-street parking, gas barbecue, A/C, and laundry. This home is perfect for large families during graduation, reunions, or any other stay in Ithaca. While the house holds 8 people in beds we allow up to 10 people renting at one time (using a pack n play or an air mattress).
1 Bedroom -Double Bed, 1st floor, full bath attached
1 Bedroom-Double Bed, 2nd floor, walk in attic closet
1 Bedroom-Queen Bed and twin trundle, 2nd floor
1 Bedroom-Twin bed, 2nd floor
2 Full baths- 1st and 2nd Floor
Our home is close to Restaurant Row and The Commons, with some of the best food and shops in Ithaca. There are also waterfalls, gorge trails, playgrounds, cafes and parks all within a few blocks. It is only a 2 minute drive to Cornell, 10 minute drive to Ithaca College. Bus stops to Cornell are a 3 min walk, and a 12 minute walk to IC's bus stop. The driveway can hold 3 cars and there is always parking on the street.
* 3-4 night minimum during graduation and reunion weekends. 4 nights for Cornell graduation.
* Parties at our home should be discussed prior to renting. We usually allow these, though if it includes people outside the rental group we ask that it be a catered event.
* This is a no pets and no smoking property for guests.
* Please bring your house shoes or slippers to help keep our hardwood floors clean.
* We will clear away children's toys/equipment prior to renting unless discussed prior to arrival.
The whole home and beautiful gardens. We can also supply children toys if necessary.
Interaction with guests
We check guests in and out of our house only.
Other things to note
3-4 night minimum during graduation and reunion weekends. 4 nights for Cornell graduation.
Downtown homes usually have very small backyards or no backyards. Our home is unique in that our backyard is large and our screened in porch looks out over the beautiful gardens.
* No smoking inside or outside of property
* This is a pet free home
* Please wear house shoes or slippers
* Any large parties that are planned need to be approved by owners prior and should be catered.
* We have a strict cancellation policy.
My husband and I grew up together in Ithaca, left town for approximately 10 years for school and living abroad. We returned to Ithaca to be near family, the beautiful lake and gorges and to raise a family. I am a Nurse Practitioner while my husband is an Ithaca College professor. We have two children.