Big bright bedrooms within a unique home nestled amongst trendy beach estate, 5mins walk from Mount Coolum beach. Queen bedroom & 2x double bed bunks + single trundle. Massive pool & slide, hardwood deck & grassy yard, large music room, grand piano, BBQ, wifi. Shops&Restaurants short walk. PLEASE NOTE: this is a shared listing, NOT whole house. :-)
Please see other link at bottom of page to holiday-let entire home.
Hear the waves from your room and see the breathtaking beauty of Mount Coolum looming overhead to the West.
PLEASE NOTE: this is a shared listing, NOT whole house. :-) House is shared with hosts.
Please see other link at bottom of page to holiday-let entire home.
Professional music teaching studio available - suitable for musicians to practice of desired. Grand piano, guitars, uke's and a few other instruments. If we are not home it will be locked / inaccessible.
Enjoy your own private queen bedroom with inbuilt wardrobe and mirror sliding doors, bathroom right next to it, and if necessary for more guests we have another adjoining large separate room space comprised of two double-bed-sized bunk beds (this has no door but is separated from the house with a very large and private curtain room divider), and a single bed (used as a trundle). All beds are spring mattresses. There is a wardrobe to store your clothes and some shelves. We don't take multiple bookings, just one at a time, so be assured that you have your own bathroom and beds to yourselves.
We have a big herb garden that you can help yourself to, and a big pool shared between two duplexes. You are welcome to use the kitchen, music room, BBQ, whatever you need. There is a big grassy yard with space to play.
We have aircon in the main living area downstairs, and all rooms have excellent ceiling fans. We also have portable industrial fans from the time when we didn't have aircon, and we always have a steady sea breeze which keeps things cooler than you would expect in summer. We also have a heater for winter so you just need to request it if your blankets aren't enough.
The Sunshine Coast is a beautiful place to visit and explore, and Mount Coolum is right in the middle and easily accessible between Caloundra and Noosa.
Outdoor BBQ under the alfresco, kitchen, coffee/tea station, cumfy couch, board games, TV/DVD player; top loader washing machine and dryer are available (please ask before using so I can show you how to use it correctly). The pool belongs to the other unit but is kindly shared with us and can easily be accessed. The professional music studio you are welcome to use, but if we are not home it will be locked / unavailable to use for security reasons.
Linen/sheets, bath towels, books, cooking essentials (oil, salt etc) are provided. You will need to bring your own beach towels. Secure building and safe parking is provided up on our driveway.
Mount Coolum's Boardwalk Beach is a Patrolled surf beach and it is only a short walk away. There are beach showers on your way back from the beach. Waves on the Sunshine Coast tend to be best for longboards more often than shortboards.
Guests can access the beach with a short 5 min walk.
There is also a concreted beach path that runs along the beach from Caloundra to Noosa. Mount Coolum hike is only a couple of kilometres away. Shops, restaurants and services are a walk away. IGA, Pharmacy, Butcher, Fish 'n Chip shop, Bakery, Coffee/Cafe, Bottle Shop and Takeaway shops 10 mins walk away; Physio, Hairdresser, more restaurants, Pilates Studio, Naturopath, and Coffee about a 5-10 min walk away in the other direction, and if you want more hustle and bustle, the township of Coolum is 10 mins drive North; Maroochydore Sunshine Plaza about 15 mins drive South.
We are about 5 mins drive North from Sunshine Coast Airport.
Interaction with guests
We like meeting new people. We respect your space and privacy. Outside our work we love to play music, eat healthy, stay fit and enjoy the outdoors. We hope you will feel welcome in our home and enjoy your stay.
Other things to note
Main living areas are shared and you have your own bedroom areas of course, within the normal house. We try to respect your space, and more than happy to help if you approach us.
The Queen bedroom has a normal bedroom door and the bathroom is your own. As the bunk area is separated from the hallway by a very large blockout curtain, people with young children may not be comfortable with the lack of a closing door, but the area is adjoining your bathroom and queen bedroom and we will by no means access the space while occupied as we respect your boundaries, safety and privacy. The pool is owned by next door but it is shared with us and easily accessed.
The professional music studio you are welcome to use, but if we are not home it will be locked for security reasons.
PLEASE READ these guidelines - thanks so much!
* Staying longer than two weeks requires a signed agreement T&C's on arrival.
Welcome to our beachside home “Blue Wave" at Mount Coolum, on the beautiful Sunshine Coast, Queensland.
We trust that you will have a beautiful stay. We want you to have the best time so please abide by the following guidelines so that it is a happy experience for everyone! We are pretty relaxed but we do expect you to respect our home as if it were your own. The main thing we ask is for you to please leave it as you found it.
* You have a bar fridge/freezer for you store your food.
* The tea and instant coffee are complementary for your use. If you need anything else in the kitchen, you are welcome to find yourself, or ask if you can't find something.
* Please No Smoking unless you are outside the front of the house. Unfortunately smoke travels to the unit next door from the back deck so smoking is not allowed there. Also our little boy likes to hang outside with guests and we don't want him to be affected by passive smoking. Thanks so much for your understanding.
* Please turn off all appliances / toaster / lights / fans / aircon / heaters if you are not using them.
* During rain, the queen bedroom's windows must be closed as the rain comes in vertically due to the sea winds. Also any doors or windows on the eastern side of the house must be closed for the same reason. When you leave the house please close them just in case.
* Please no eating or drinking upstairs except for water. Also please do not leave glasses or cups with water in them on the floor.
* Please wash children's hands straight after eating and don't let them jump or stand on the furniture. Thank you for always washing your hands after using the bathroom and also before using the kitchen.
* You are welcome to use the pool which is shared. Pool hours are 7am - 9pm. Please do not get into the pool if you have sand on you, or come inside wet, or sit on the cushions outside if you are wet. Also if you want to 'jump' into the pool, please try to avoid jumping in near the glass fence panels, as it creates big streakes on the glass and we have to wipe them down whenever pool water gets on them.
Please dry off first before coming indoors, and if you need a floor towel to get any last water off before you come in the door, let us know. Thank you for respecting our home like you would your own.
* We request that you turn off the TV by 11pm unless it's down quiet, and if you stay up later than that please be respectful of the neighbours, especially if you choose to sit out on the back deck. This is a very quiet neighbourhood and voices travel far in the still of the night.
* Please leave your shoes outside the door if they are sandy or dirty.
* When returning from the beach, please use the showers at the beach to remove as much sand as possible, and if you are still sandy, use the tap on the side of the house. You can also enter through the laundry door and use the laundry shower to get off all remaining sand. We use this system because otherwise sand gets into everything and throughout the whole house and creates a daily vacuum headache. Many thanks for your cooperation.
* Please do not wipe your face on our white towels to get any make-up residue off. It unfortunately does not come out of the towels once stained and we provide expensive high quality luxury towels for your best comfort. Also please don't go to bed with sunscreen on as most sunscreens have a tanning pigment in them and we've lost many sheets this way as it doesn't bleach out. You will be charged for replacement. If you require a dark towel or some extra disposable face wipes we are more than happy to give you some. There are complementary make up wipes supplied in the bathroom drawers.
* If you are up after we have gone to bed, please lock the doors, close the windows (so that they click/lock) and turn off all lights.
* If you are the last one to leave at any point during the day please close the front door behind you.
* As this is a normal family home, sometimes we may have an unexpected family member or close friend stay. This will not affect you in any way - they will not access your rooms or bathrooms, and we obviously wouldn't let someone stay in our home (other than airbnb guests) whom we didn't trust. They may stay in the garage so they will be out of the way.
* If you could possibly strip your bed of its sheets/pillowcases and place all your towels and sheets in the bath or laundry, this will help us immensely.
* Please leave us a helpful review ☺ If you're not happy with anything, please let us know straight away so that we can rectify the situation. We can't make things better if we don't know you're needing something.
Angela - pianist, singer, musician.
HEALTH: creating nourishing foods, experimenting with fermenting, sprouting, growing a veggie garden, herbs and using essential oils.
FUN: weight training & exercise, playing music, exploring the outdoors with friends and family, camping adventures, 4wd, photography, sunshine, learning new things.
LOVE: We try to be proactive in helping out our local community and church as much as we can. We love meeting new people and learning about their culture and way of life.
We look forward to sharing our home with you!