Located in the quiet, desirable Sherwood Park neighborhood, our home offers the perfect central place to enjoy the Grand Valley: 1 block from GJHS walking track and tennis courts, 1 mile from downtown, .5 miles from CMU and St. Mary's Hospital. Roomy, clean, smoke-free older home w/great yard: hot tub, fire pit, swings, table, roomy grass area for kids! We have up to 2-4 bikes that can be made available if prearranged. The home is older and has slightly creaky floors. Bunks not full size.
Upstairs are living room, kitchen, two bedrooms each with queen beds, (one with built-in bunk beds for an older child or small adult 5'4" or under) a 3/4 bath and a full bath. (The 4th bedroom/office will be locked and closed to guests.)
Downstairs are a bedroom with double bed and a family room (with plenty of room for the queen blow-up mattress or 2 cots if you pre-arrange for additional guests.). NO EVENTS/PARTIES with additional people, please! We promised our neighbors. Ask us if you have want us to consider an exception.
Guests will have full access to the home: 3 bedrooms, living room, family room, fully stocked kitchen, 2 bathrooms, laundry room. (The fourth bedroom/office will be locked/unavailable.)
Interaction with guests
We will most likely greet you and show you around the house before turning it over to you. At times, we are gone and you will let yourselves in. We love to be helpful and try to be there for you remotely (through the Airbnb messaging). For the most part, we will be off camping while you are in our home. Sometimes, we will have no cell service. Occasionally, we are in town and sometimes even staying in our RV next door.
Other things to note
Sometimes we have bicycles (up to four) available for our guests to use. Please pre-arrange for this during pre-stay communications as there are times when we take them with us, or we might need to do some repairs before you arrive. . . .
Please treat our home respectfully, but feel free to use it fully!
1. Parking is limited to 3-4 cars. (If you have circumstances requiring a fourth, please let us know and we will arrange it.)
2. No smoking inside of the house, please.
3. Limit perfumes and spray deodorizers as Anna is allergic if the smell lingers significantly
4. Pets: ONLY as prearranged: non-shedding, house-trained dogs. The back yard is fenced. Please leave no sign of the animal, such as poop in the yard, hair on the furniture. No cats as my mother is allergic.
5. Quiet Hours: Our neighborhood observes quiet hours from 9pm (weekdays) and 10 pm (weekends) through 7 am. Please be considerate of this especially when using the back yard fire pit, hot tub, etc.
6. HOT TUB: Feel free to use the hot tub - but please add 1/4 -1/2 capful of shock after each use, depending on number of people -- and wait a full hour before entering afterwards. ONLY use the following CONTROL BUTTONS: jet 1, jet 2, temperature up or down. (If pressed, the other buttons can cause damage. . . .) No more than 6 people at a time, and if more than 3 people are in the tub, you will need to refill it with water to the original level (we leave a hose under the spigot which should be disconnected in the winter, when you are done).
7. Bikes: Feel free to bring your own bikes. (If you wish to use our bikes, that should be prearranged as sometimes they go with us.)
8. Sprinklers: The sprinkler system is set to run automatically early mornings. Please DO NOT adjust or turn off the sprinkler system or the spigot next to the back yard chairs which runs the drip system for patio pots.
9. TRASH: Please take your trash to the outside bins (under the upstairs back bedroom window along front west side of house)
10. DISHES: Please load and start the dish washer before you leave.
11. LINENS: Leave all used linens in the laundry room or on bathroom floors. (We will strip beds, but you may do so if you like)
12. Porch lights: Please leave these ON when you leave.
13. Swamp Cooler -- Controls are under the picture in the hallway. Please LEAVE ON when you leave if it is summer. To cool well, turn on first thing in the morning.
14. THANK YOU in advance! We love hosting Airbnb as our guests always care for our home as if it their own.