About this listing
Located in the quiet, desirable Sherwood Park neighborhood, our home offers the perfect central place to enjoy the Grand Valley: 1 block from GJHS walking track and tennis courts, 1 mile from downtown, .5 miles from CMU and St. Mary's Hospital. Roomy, clean, smoke-free older home w/great yard: hot tub, fire pit, swings, table, roomy grass area for kids! We have up to 2-4 bikes that can be made available if prearranged. The home is older and has slightly creaky floors. Bunks not full size.
Upstairs are living room, kitchen, two bedrooms each with queen beds, (one with built-in bunk beds for an older child or small adult 5'4" or under) a 3/4 bath and a full bath. (The office will be closed off to guests.)
Downstairs are a bedroom with double bed and a family room (with plenty of room for the queen blow-up mattress if you pre-arrange for additional guests.). The Hottub can be set to whatever temperature you desire.
Guests will have full access to the home: 3 bedrooms, living room, family room, fully stocked kitchen, 2 bathrooms, laundry room. (The fourth bedroom/office will be unavailable.)
Interaction with guests
We will most likely have someone greet you and show you around the house before turning it over to you. We love getting to know our guests and visiting in the morning or evenings, but are also happy to respect your desire for quiet and privacy. For the most part, we will be off camping while you are in our home. Occasionally, we are in town.
Other things to note
Sometimes we have bicycles (up to four) available for our guests to use. Please pre-arrange for this during pre-stay communications as there are times when we take them with us, or we might need to do some repairs before you arrive. . . .
Please treat our home respectfully, but feel free to use it fully! We would like you to take your trash to the outside bins (under the carport) and load and start the dish washer before you leave. Leave all used linens in the laundry room or on bathroom floors. (We will strip beds, but you may do so if you like)
1. No smoking inside of the house, please.
2. Pets: ONLY non-shedding, house-trained dogs. The back yard is fenced. No cats as my mother is allergic.
3. Quiet Hours: Our neighborhood observes quiet hours from 10 pm-6am. Please be considerate of this especially when using the back yard fire pit, hot tub, etc.
4. Hot Tub: Feel free to use the hot tub which is set at 101 -- but please add 1/4 -1/2 capful of shock after each use, depending on number of people -- and wait a full hour before entering afterwards.
5. Bikes: Feel free to bring your own bikes. (If you wish to use our bikes, that should be prearranged as sometimes they go with us.)
6. Sprinklers: The sprinkler system is set to run automatically early mornings. Please do not adjust or turn off the sprinkler system or the spigot next to the back yard chairs which runs the drip system for patio pots.
7. Porch lights: Please leave these ON when you leave.
8. Air Conditioner -- Please LEAVE ON when you leave if it is summer.
Cancel up to 5 days before your trip and get a full refund. Cancel within 5 days of your trip and the first night is non-refundable, but 50% of the cost for the remaining nights will be refunded.
This host has 59 reviews for other properties.View other reviews
Jim and Anna are educators and the proud parents of Mike and Katherine and grandparents of Landon and Lily! We enjoy traveling, meeting new people and sharing what we love about living in Grand Junction and traveling. Jim is an automotive tech instructor at Western Colorado Community College, and Anna is a retired secondary principal and acting educational consultant and executive skills coach. As hosts we are happy to get to know our guests, have a glass of wine and share information to make your stay awesome OR give you privacy and the sense that you are here alone. It is up to you!